Friday, October 16, 2009

Qype: Raven hamburg in Hamburg



Hamburg - Eating & Drinking - Restaurants - International - Eating & Drinking - Restaurants - Japanese & Sushi


"The raven, sitting lonely on the placid bust, spoke only, That one word, as if his soul in that one word he did outpour. Nothing further then he uttered - not a feather then he fluttered - Till I scarcely more than muttered `Other friends have flown before - On the morrow he will leave me, as my hopes have flown before.'

Then the bird said, `Nevermore.'"

Ooooh... spooky. One of my favourite poems and i thought i'd include a stanza for shits and giggles. The Raven Restaurant in the North of Hamburg isn't spooky in the slightest, but i must admit i did find myself "weak and weary" after our lengthy meeting in the board room at the rear of the restaurant.

The food was very nice actually. We started with a curry soup and my main course was a white fish (still not entirely sure what it was!). Others had sushi and seemed to enjoy it. Service throughout was attentive without being overly intrusive. The private dining area itself is first rate and very grand indeed.

Did we get our money's worth? Well, you'll have to ask Stephen....

Check out my review of Raven hamburg - I am ahunter - on Qype

No comments: